Wednesday 24 June 2009

Crafts in the House of Commons tomorrow 6pm

I have been very busy this last week taking a first aid course over the weekend and then teaching a developers spooncarving course which finished today, I shall post pictures soon.

Tomorrow I am off to London again representing the Heritage Crafts Association at the first meeting of the working group on National Occupational Standards in Craft. This underpins all government funded training, NVQs, apprenticeships etc. so it is important that the generic Craft NOS is appropriate to the heritage crafts we are supporting. No NOS=no funding.

Then at 6pm I shall be in the House of Commons to see my MP who has tabled an adjournment debate on traditional craft skills. He will be asking questions which will be answered by the minister responsible. You can see it live online on the parliament channel here. 6pm Thursday 25th.

Home late then Friday will be cutting up bowl blanks ready to take to Norfolk show where I am demonstrating next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment