Monday 29 June 2009

Doug Fitch potter

I love nice pots, especially ones that you can use everyday in the kitchen. Yesterday we visited "Fire and Earth" an annual event at Rufford Abbey
There were lots of nice pots to see and potters to chat with including a blogging friend Doug Fitch. I don't have time to follow many other craftspeoples blogs but Doug's is always interesting.


He works in Devon making good wholesome slipware pots. Here is his blog. and some of his lovely pots.


Another of my favourite potters Svend Bayer was also there with some simply gorgeous pots. I don't covert many things but I would love one of his huge garden pots. There is one in permanent residence in the courtyard at Rufford and I was rather surprised to see it seems to be used as a litter bin. That's an expensive litter bin. More of Svend's pots here. I have a lot of photos that I took when we visited him at home a couple of years ago, if folk wanted to see them I could put them up in a blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment